So to recap.
Last weeks meal plan was
1. Carrot, Cumin Burgers (rolling over)
3. Fish finger sandwiches (60p for a pack of ten from morrisons, or make ones own).
Tuna Steak (currently sitting in the freezer)
5. Homemade pizza
And we have had lasagne (made with leeks instead of pasta that served us for two days), this evening we went out and shared a meal with a friend, so that kind of cancels out the meal plan for one day. This week my focus is to be on soup.
I simply love Heinz Cream of tomato soup, but it is not the cheapest of soups. Having looked at the nutritional values of the heinz in comparison to the shops value brand I have discovered that the non-branded cheapy, cheap soup is actually healthier than the heinz, but then it is not ‘cream of’ oh the delicious thing. So this week I want to work soup into our meal plan.
1. Tomato Soup.
2. Carrot, Cumin Burgers (again rolling over)
4. Korma Rice (an adaptation from the Hairy Bikers Prawn Korma )
5. Homemade Soup. (I’m thinking, toms, onions, garlic, chicken stock and whatever else is to hand)
6. Spinach and ricotta cannelloni – nut meg with pine nuts
7. Fry spinach?
So on the shopping list this week is: